blackberry-ginger / cocoa-coconut / cinnamon-tradition
inspired by the JVS recipe
Vegan and Kosher for Passover
- 1 banana
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 2 flax eggs
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 1/2 cup ground almonds
- Powdered sugar (icing sugar)
- Blackberry preserves and minced ginger
- Cocoa powder and unsweetened coconut
- Cinnamon for the traditionalists
- Pre-heat the oven to 400ºF.
- Mash the banana well with a fork.
- Mix in half of the sugar, then add the rest of the sugar, the almonds the flax eggs and the coconut oil. Mix to form a stiff paste.
- Separate into smaller bowls if you want to make several flavors.
- Add flavors to the paste accordingly. (Note: another flavor I didn’t have time to try, but have a hunch would be yummy: citrus-thyme)
- Roll into small balls, about the size of quarters.
- Place the balls on a greased baking tray and bake in the oven for approximately 15 minutes.
- While the balls are still warm, but have settled (after 4 minutes or so) roll them in a small bowl of powdered sugar.
- You’re set! Enjoy.